Subject to the customer observing the Terms and Conditions set out below, MailboxCSBS Limited T/As MailboxCSBS, (“the Company”) agrees to provide a mailbox service (“the Mailbox Service”) to the customer (“the Customer”) for the term (“the Term”) at the premises (“the Premises”) specified in the Mailbox Service Agreement (“the Agreement”).
1. The Mailbox Service provided by MailboxCSBS will consist of the following services:
- i. The Company will provide the Customer with a mailbox for which the Customer will pay a Registration Fee followed by an annual fee should they wish to continue with service. This fee is dependent upon the Term and Mailbox Service taken. An admin fee of £20.00 is chargeable during the application process. This is a one-time fee and will not be charged at the time of the service’s renewal.
- ii. Where the Customer requests to use the Registered Office Service and/or Directors Service Address, provided by MailboxCSBS, the Customer will provide all statutory information, including full names and addresses of the company and its directors, to comply with Companies House requirements. Supplying this information is the responsibility of the customer. For this service, the Customer will pay a Registration Fee.
- iii. MailboxCSBS will receive, on behalf of the Customer, all mail, any statutory mail, and all pre-paid mail correctly addressed to the Customer’s mailbox. All mail is then deposited in the Customer’s mailbox.
- iv. Under no circumstances is any Customer mail opened by the Company without prior written authorization from the Customer.
- v. MailboxCSBS will receive on the Customer’s behalf all items of Special, Registered, or recorded delivery mail. Should the customer request we refuse to accept any mail on their behalf, the Customer will pay any costs or fees associated with its refusal or return.
- vi. The Company will take receipt items requiring cash on delivery (on the Customers behalf), subject to the Customer making advance arrangements for their receipt and payment to the satisfaction of the Company.
2. Payment for the Mailbox Service (“the Payment”) is payable in full in advance. There will be no refunds for cancellation by the Customer of the Mailbox Service or any part of it. Payments for the renewal of an existing service are due in full at the end of the Mailbox Service’s Term.
3. The Company may in its absolute discretion refuse to accept delivery of any item for any reason, including, without limitation, that
- i. there is no or insufficient prepaid postage; or
- ii. any payments are outstanding; or
- iii. if it appears to the Company in its opinion that delivery of the item is in breach of Condition 6 of these Terms and Conditions; or
- iv. if the Customer is using the Mailbox Service for the delivery of unreasonably large items of mail or an unreasonable volume of items of mail; or
- v. if any item received bears the details of an individual or business name not listed as an Account Name within the Agreement; or
- vi. if the Customer already has an excessive volume of mail stored by the Company
- vii. if the Mailbox Service is no longer active.
- viii. If the Company refuses to accept a mail delivery for a Customer, it will endeavor to inform the Customer but the Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or other consequences to the Customer or any third party.
4. If the Customer fails to make any Payment on the date due or if the Customer breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, the Company shall be entitled at any time thereafter to terminate the Mailbox Service forthwith without prejudice to any right of action or remedy of the Company in respect of any antecedent claim or breach of condition. The Customer following termination hereby authorises the Company at the Company’s absolute discretion, either to destroy or to return to the sender any items of mail remaining on the Premises which are the property of the Customer. A Late Payment Fee of £25.00 may be charged if payment is not received within 2 (2) days of the due date on 6 monthly and 12 monthly contract or in the instance of monthly contracts after the due date, this will include weekends. If full payment, including any late payment fees, isn’t made in full within 21 days of the Services renewal date, the mailbox may be closed. If the mailbox is closed, the customer may have to pay an additional £25.00 admin fee to have the mailbox re- opened.
5. If any Payments or other sums are outstanding to the Company, the Company shall have a lien over all uncollected items until such payments are duly paid.
6. The Customer undertakes:
- i. not to use the Mailbox Service for any illegal, immoral, obscene, or defamatory purpose and if it does so, it acknowledges that the Company may report the same to the police or other relevant authority; and
- ii. not to send or deliver or cause to permit to be sent or delivered to the Premises any illegal, defamatory, obscene, dangerous objects or materials.
7. If it appears to the Company in its opinion that the Customer is in breach of condition 6 of these Terms and Conditions, then the company may terminate the mailbox service with immediate effect. In this instance, there will be no refund of the mailbox service or any part of it.
8. The Customer authorises the Company and any of its representatives to sign at their discretion and on the Customer’s behalf for any deliveries addressed to the Customer or any others named on their account.
9. If the Customer fails to remove any item of Mail within one month after a notification, then the Customer hereby authorises the Company in its absolute discretion, either to destroy such items or return them to the sender without further notice to the Customer. The Company’s costs or expenses incurred in connection with this Condition will be paid by the Customer to the Company in full upon demand.
10. Subject to the provisions of Condition 2 of these Terms and Conditions, the Customer may terminate the Mailbox Service at any time by giving notice via email.
11. The Customer will indemnify the Company against any expense, liability, loss, claim or proceedings incurred by the Company arising out of or in the course of the use by the Customer of the mailbox or items deposited in the mailbox, except to the extent that the same is caused by the negligence of the Company.
12. The Customer may check by telephone or email to see if they have any mail. All customers will have to pass an internal security check before any personal information can be disclosed.
13. Packages and oversized mail received addressed to the Customer will be held for one week at no extra charge, after which a Package Holding Fee may be levied per item held, per day or fraction thereof.
14. If the Customer receives more mail than their physical mailbox can hold, the Customer may be subject to an additional charge. Where the Customer utilises the Mailbox Service for the regular receipt of parcels or significant volumes of mail, a Mail Handling Fee may be applied at the discretion of the Company.
15. The Mailbox Service is not to be used as a storage facility and all mailboxes must emptied at least every 90 days. If the Customer does not provide funds to forward the mail and the mail is not collected for a period of greater than 90 days, then Company reserves the right to cancel the said Mailbox, unless prior arrangement have been made and agreed between the Customer and the Company.
16. The Mailbox Service is not to be used for the storage or delivery of items of value. The Company has no knowledge of the value of any item of mail and will not accept notification of value. Accordingly, the liability of the Company in respect of any damage or loss of any kind whatsoever is limited to £5 for each claim and in aggregate shall not exceed the amount of the Payment in any Term.
17. The Company shall not in any event be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profit, however it may arise, nor for any liabilities, costs, claims, demands or expenses arising from any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, any loss, damage, delay or missed delivery on the part of the Royal Mail or any other body operating a mail or parcel delivery service.
18. In order to activate the mailbox service, the Customer is required to provide:
- i. A complete application form containing the full name, address, and telephone number of all persons for whom mail is to be received, held or forwarded to them; and
- ii. the nature of business to be undertaken or reason for rental where rental is not for business purposes. A business can be defined as an activity involving the sale of goods and services.
- iii. an original form of photo identification for the individual opening the mailbox account.
- iv. Holders of a “Standard” mailbox service are permitted 4 names per mailbox account and may only use the following format for the mailbox address, MB or Mailbox, followed by their assigned Mailbox number. Any other method used will result in either the customer upgrading to a Premium Mailbox, or the Customer hereby authorises the Company in its absolute discretion, to return them to the sender.
- v. Holders of a “Premium” and “Goldbox” mailbox service are entitled to have up to 10 names listed as recipients of mail and this can be a mixture of business and personal names.
19. The Customer may select a Mail Forwarding service. The Company will forward mail to a single address nominated by the Customer on an agreed basis. For this service, the Customer will pay only the cost of materials and postage or courier charges each time mail is forwarded. A forwarding address can be updated but only a single forwarding address can be listed per active account (this applies to all services: the Standard, Premium and Gold).
20. Customers using the “On Request” frequency for the Mail Forwarding service will receive email notifications each day new mail arrives. Customers using any other frequency options (Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, and monthly) will not receive email notifications with regards to new mail received.
21. It is the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Company of any changes to the details held on their account, including changes to home, registered or business address, or any change to directors or other named recipients of mail in writing, during the period of the Mailbox Agreement.
- i. The rights and obligations of the Company and the customer under this Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.
- ii. The Customer may not assign any of its rights or benefits hereunder.
- iii. These Terms and Conditions shall prevail notwithstanding any conflict with the terms and conditions of any order or contract submitted by the Customer in respect of the Mailbox Service or any other services provided by the Company.